If you are a ginger-fan you will adore it! It is simple, tasty and has just the right texture!
2 cups of ginger root peeled and cut into small cubes
2 cups of sugar
some salty water
1. Place the ginger cubes in a medium-size saucepan and add cold water to cover. Stir in a pinch of salt nad bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes. Then drain the ginger.
2. Repeat this process 3 more times.
3. Return the ginger to the saucepan add water to cover plus 1 cup sugar. Simmer until thick syrup coats the ginger.
4. Sprinkle sugar on a small baking sheet. Turn the ginger cubes in the sugar with a fork, coating them well. Transfer the ginger to a wire rack to cool and dry.
5. Store the ginger in an airtight container.